Run a Taiko node
This is arguably the most important part of the testnet! Taiko is fully decentralized and relies on the community to run nodes.
Follow the guide at simple-taiko-node/README.md (opens in a new tab) to get started.
Note: You will only be able to run a node regularly or as a proposer. In this testnet we're not running any provers.
Because we're a fork of Geth, you can consult the Geth minimum requirements (opens in a new tab), which are outlined below.
- CPU with 2+ cores
- 4GB RAM
- 1TB free storage space to sync the Mainnet
- (only ~50GB for the Taiko A1 testnet)
- 8 MBit/sec download Internet service
- Fast CPU with 4+ cores
- 16GB+ RAM
- High-performance SSD with at least 1TB of free space
- 25+ MBit/sec download Internet service