Welcome to Taiko's Alpha-1 testnet, Snæfellsjökull. There are two networks involved in the testnet:
- Taiko A1 is the Alpha-1 testnet release of Taiko: A fully decentralized, Ethereum-equivalent ZK-Rollup.
- Ethereum A1 is Taiko's privately deployed Ethereum network, which serves as the L1 for Taiko's Alpha-1 testnet.
The testnet consists of L1 / L2 nodes with all of the Taiko protocol contracts deployed. The mining interval of the L1 node is set to 12 seconds. There is also a cron job service that proposes empty blocks every two minutes.
In this testnet, you can:
- 🌉 Bridge tokens between Ethereum A1 and Taiko A1.
- 🤝 Send transactions (e.g., deploy a dapp, interact with a contract).
- 🌐 Run a node—this makes you a part of Taiko!
All the relevant links can be found in this site's navigation. The relevant links are:
|Status (opens in a new tab)||Taiko protocol status|
|Bridge (opens in a new tab)||Bridge ETH/tokens between Ethereum A1 and Taiko A1|
|L1 faucet (opens in a new tab)||For receiving ETH on Ethereum A1|
|L2 faucet (opens in a new tab)||For receiving ETH on Taiko A1|
|L1 explorer (opens in a new tab)||Explore blocks on Ethereum A1|
|L2 explorer (opens in a new tab)||Explore blocks on Taiko A1|